Following concerns that Seychelles Freedom Party members and supporters have raised concerning the non- inclusion of the SFP in opposition press communiqués, in a systematic manner, issued by the United Boycott camp, the SFP would like to provide guidance to its supporters at this critical time.
· The SFP initiated the call for BOYCOTT of National Assembly Elections to secure our Democratic Rights as promised by F. A. Rene in November 1991.
· Three press communiqués were issued by the United Boycott camp of which were drafted in material part by SFP, but excluded the SFP.
· On Friday September 16th, 2011 an advertisement appeared on SBC calling for a PUBLIC MEETING at Mr. Sullivan’s Beau-Vallon, put out by SNP.
· SFP was deliberately excluded from this press release advertisement as in other press communiqués as requested by SNP.
· SFP believes this exclusion is made because the cause for DEMOCRACY and FREEDOM in Seychelles, has now been attempted hijacked by the SNP in order to save the career of Wavel Ramkalawan, who stands on Two (2) banana peels.This has caused further division in the SNP and in the opposition, as we see openly today.
· SFP calls for a PEACEFUL and DIGNIFIED BOYCOTT OF ELECTIONS. Those that must vote, go vote and spoil your vote to express your unhappiness.
· SFP calls on all supporters to refrain from public meetings at this time, until the result of the National Assembly elections are made known.
· We must not allow ourselves to be used by a failing leader in the opposition or by the PL regime to instigate incidences of violence, public disorder, at this time to derail the BOYCOTT and deny us further, our fundamental rights to Freedom and Democracy. End.