OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENTPRESS
PRESIDENT ANNOUNCES FIRST PHASE OF GOVERNMENT RESTRUCTURING
President James Michel has announced the first phase of the Government restructuring with the appointment of Ministers, Principal Secretaries and some CEO posts. A second phase of appointments will be made at a later stage. “It is fitting that on the eve of International Women’s day, I am appointing women to key positions within government as well as the University of Seychelles. Women form part of an integral leadership role in the New Seychelles. I am confident they will serve the public well and add new dynamism in the public service. We are aiming to fulfill the MDG Plus targets, and become an example of women’s professional development in the world,” said the President.As announced in the State of the Nation Address, the President’s portfolio is for Defence, Legal Affairs, Information, Youth, and hydrocarbons, and the Vice-President’s portfolio is Information Technology & Communications and Public Administration.
Together with the President and the Vice-President, the following Ministers will form the Cabinet, subject to the approval of the National Assembly in the case of new Ministers;
1. Ministry of Community Development, Social Affairs & Sports and Designated Minister, Vincent Meriton (still most wanted for panadol purchased while he was health minister)
2. Ministry of Home Affairs and Transport, Joël Morgan (The lapire minister and la misere delo kaka handler)
3. Ministry of Education, Macsuzy Mondon (The barby doll of the indian ocean)
4. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Jean-Paul Adam (The party minister and a step away from becoming his mentor allain butler payet)
5. Ministry of Natural Resources & Industry, Peter Sinon (Bravo restaurant minister and always spoted with a new girl)
6. Ministry of Finance, Trade & Investment, Pierre Laporte (the financial liar of the country and businessman of the year)
7. Ministry of Environment & Energy, Dr. Rolph Payet (Dr. which revolved around alegations in the weekly for university entry on youths)
8. Ministry of Tourism & Culture, Alain St Ange (from christian to arabian)
9. Ministry of Land Use & Habitat, Christian Lionnet
(our desert boy playboy and young stud of the day)
10. Ministry of Health, Mitcy Larue (mother of indecent son and imoral valors online now in charge of aids prevention and many more sexual diseases)
11. Ministry of Employment and Human Resource Development, Idith Alexander (Bacco must be proud but why michel picked her over lize)
The President will propose 3 new ambassadors to the National Assembly; Marie Louise Potter Bernard Shamlaye Erna Athanasius The President has thanked former Ministers Bernard Shamlaye and Erna Athanasius for their hard work in the public service, saying that he believes they will continue to contribute towards the development of the country in their new roles. The President has appointed Marie-Antoinette Rose as the new Leader of Government Business in the National Assembly, after the departure of Marie-Louise Potter from this post. Ambassador Ronny Jumeau has also been named the Ambassador for Climate change issues.
New Principal Secretaries
1. Principal Secretary for Environment and Energy- Wills Agricole
2. Principal Secretary for Finance, Trade & Investment - Steve Fanny
Principal Secretary for Health- Veronique Laporte (the former PS, Bernard Valentin is moving to independent consultancy services)
Principal Secretary for Transport- Terrence Mondon Principal
Secretary for Employment & Human Resource Development- Veronique Bresson
Principal Secretary for Natural Resources & Industry – Michel Nalletamby ( although the person remains unchanged, the portfolio of industry has been added)
Principal Secretary for Community & Sport-Denis Rose ( although the person remains unchanged, the portfolio of Community has been added, and Youth removed)Acting
Principal Secretary for Land Use and Habitat - Yves Choppy- (the position is temporary until the necessary law to enact the creation of the Project Planning and Implementation Company, of which he will be CEO. The PPIC will also absorb the Seychelles Land Transport Agency).
Principal Secretary for Culture- Benjamine Rose New Special advisers
1. Special adviser to the Minister of Environment and Energy - Didier Dogley
2. Special advisor to the Minister of Education – Mr Selby Dora
3. Special adviser to the Minister for Natural Resources and Industry - Antoine-Marie Moustache4. Special adviser to the Minister for Foreign Affairs- Jeannette d’Offay
5. Special adviser for Culture to the Minister for Tourism and Culture- Raymonde Onezime
6. Special adviser on Community Development to the Minister for Community Development, Social Affairs & Sports - Dan Frichot
7. Special adviser on Social Affairs to the Minister for Community Development, Social Affairs & Sports – Marie-Josée Bonne The President, who is also the Chancellor of the University of Seychelles, has also announced that the Seychelles Institute of Management will be absorbed by the University of Seychelles. The President has appointed Marina Confait as the new Vice Chancellor and Lucy Athanasius as Pro Vice Chancellor of University of Seychelles. President Michel has also plans to create PetroSeychelles as the new national hydrocarbons exploration company, which will be headed by Eddie Belle as its CEO. The board of the new company will be chaired by Barry Faure, Secretary of State in the Office of the President.The Seychelles Petroleum Company, SEPEC, will be headed by CEO Conrad Benoiton, and the board will be chaired by Steve Fanny, the new Principal Secretary for Finance.
The following are further new appointments across a wide number of agencies and organizations; New appointments· Governor of the Central Bank of Seychelles- Caroline Abel· CEO of the Early Childhood Centre- Shirley Choppy· CEO of Seychelles Tourism Board- Elsia GrandcourtCEO of Seychelles Public Transport Corporation - Geffy ZialorCEO of Seychelles International Business Authority- Wendy PierreCEO of the Seychelles Agricultural Agency- Marc NaikenCEO National Arts Council- Jimmy SavyMayor of Victoria- Jacqueline Moustache Belle (the Mayor’s office will fall under the Vice-President’s portfolio)
Editor’s Note The women in key posts are as follows;
3 women ministers,
7 out of 15 Principal Secretaries are now women
1 female Central bank governor
1 female Vice Chancellor
1 female Pro Vice Chancellor 3 new women CEOS
Stay tuned for pictures to be posted alonside appointments to prove points made.......